Learn how to manage your photos and process them beautifully
– Easy to use
– Quick to learn
– Simple to enhance your photos
– The best tool to organize your photo library
Are you an outdoor photographer in the digital era who loves taking photographs but has an unmanageable volume of photographs on your computer that just keeps growing? What is the point of having spectacular photographs but not being able to show your top photographs to your friends or finding any of the good ones when that calendar company finally asks you for your portfolio?
We are faced with the problem in the digital era that it has become too easy to take lots of photos.
We love taking them but hate sitting in front of the computer sorting and editing them. The number of different applications you have to use to import, sort and edit your photographs has become tedious. Unless you are diligent with your workflow you will create your own monster of unsorted and edited photos. Without sticking to a proven workflow you risk losing your photos that are probably scattered throughout a number of folders and external hard drives.
Take action now and sort out your photos with Lightroom. It is the industry standard software tool designed to manage your photographs effortlessly from downloading, to sorting, deleting, editing, and exporting them to emails or for printing. The complete digital workflow in one software package! If you love expressing your creativity by taking photos but dread the long hours in front of your computer required to manage your photographs then this course is designed for you. As a professional wildlife photographer who loves taking photos but hates spending time in front of my computer, I will show you how to effortlessly create spectacular portfolios of your best work using this software.
|Workflow & Develop||Saturday - Sunday||17 - 18 February 2018||08:00 - 13:00 each day||Johannesburg|
|Workflow & Develop||Saturday - Sunday||10 - 11 March 2018||08:00 - 13:00 each day||Johannesburg|
|Workflow & Develop||Saturday - Sunday||07 - 08 April 2018||08:00 - 13:00 each day||Johannesburg|
|Photo Book Design||Saturday - Sunday||05 - 06 May 2018||08:00 - 13:00 each day||Johannesburg|
Day one’s WORKFLOW section of the course is designed to setup Lightroom on YOUR OWN COMPUTER and to teach you the proven WORKFLOW for the typical outdoor photographer. Not only will I personally make sure Lightroom is setup on your own computer that will work for you, but my style of teaching also involves lots of “doing” and exercising the techniques with my sample images. We will take an in-depth look at each of the tools in the Library module to optimize the way you organize and find your photographs.
Day two’s DEVELOP section of the course is designed to teach you how to utilize the tools to make your images look spectacular and harness the full potential of this database management tool! We will take an in-depth look at each of the tools in the Develop module to make your photographs look as good as the way you saw them through your lens. This will also include the seamless editing in Photoshop from within Lightroom. As a professional wildlife photographer who loves taking photos but hates spending time in front of my computer, I will show you how to effortlessly harness the power of Lightroom in developing your photos and to make them look spectacular.
At the end of the two days you will be able to use the basic modules and features of Lightroom, leaving you to focus on TAKING stunning images and then EFFORTLESSLY develop them in Lightroom into a stunning portfolio.
WHO IS THIS FOR
Anyone, whether you are new to Lightroom and want to learn it from scratch, or if you are using Lightroom already but want to learn to use it in a way that suits wildlife photographers. The principles and most features are similar across all versions of Lightroom, so even if you have an older version you will benefit. Adobe updated and re-named Lightroom to “Lightroom Classic CC” in October 2017, and that is the version we will be using.
DATE & TIME
This workshop runs on Saturdays from 8am to 1pm. We’ll meet between 7:15 and 7:45am for coffee at the venue and snacks will be served at tea time. Have a look at the top of the page for specific dates and locations.
The courses runs in Bryanston, Johannesburg. The venue details of courses running in other locations (e.g. Cape Town) will be confirmed via email closer to the time.
R 3,990 per person for the weekend
Max 5 people
DAY 1’s WORKFLOW COURSE CONTENT
– An introduction to Lightroom Classic CC. HOW it will improve your photo management
– The basic concept of lightroom. The catalog vs your photo files
– The look and feel of Lightroom. Where is everything.
– Installing and setting up Lightroom to keep things simple yet effective: files and folders
– The Library module overview
– The Develop module overview
– Introduction to Map, Book, Slideshow, Print and Web modules
– Backup strategy
– Importing photos
– Finding and filtering: text, attributes and metadata
– The typical workflow for an outdoor photographer: import, render previews, star rating, and deleting
– Setting up presets
– Basic editing in the Develop module
– Collections: smart collections and hierarchies
– Exporting photos
– Extras: virtual copies
– How and when to use Lightroom CC vs Lightroom Classic CC
DAY 2’s DEVELOP COURSE CONTENT
– Overview of Lightroom Classic CC and the typical workflow for an outdoor photographer
– Develop tools: cropping
– Develop tools: spot removal
– Develop tools: gradient tool
– Develop tools: adjustment brush
– Develop tools: exposure sliders
– Develop tools: other sliders
– Selective noise reduction and sharpening
– Advanced editing in Photoshop
– Organising (stacking) and developing of Panorama’s and HDR’s
– Extending canvas
– Develop module additional features
– Installing 3rd party tools, e.g. B&W filters like Silver Effects Pro
WHAT YOU GET
– Printed notes of the presentations
– A free copy of a 30-day trial of Lightroom Classic CC
– Sample images
– Complete Southern Africa Bird, Mammal, Reptile and Frog keyword list
– Lightroom reference material including shortcut list
WHAT TO BRING
– Bring your own computer. Preferably a laptop although a desktop is also welcome. Bring your external hard drives with your photos. I will provide you with a fully functional 30-day trial version of Lightroom Classic CC if you don’t have your own copy. If you have any version of Photoshop or Photoshop elements installed that will be a bonus.
– Pen and paper for notes
Details coming soon!